Thursday, May 17, 2012

What's Up Thursday

Happy happiest Thursday! I have had such a blessed week, and looking forward to a wonderful weekend as well. I have to take a small moment to say many, many congratulations to my sweet friend Ashley who had the cutest baby girl, Katherine, a few days ago. Just another reminder that life is full of so many big and small joys.

So, here's what's on my mind today...
I bought a summer maxi dress that wasn't from Target--yay! This is big for me. Purchased the above number from Shopbop and love it, but it's very long. Like, drag the floor long. I can't decide if I want to hem it and wear it with flats or go with the wedge look that the model is sporting above. As a general rule, I don't love wedges. I love the idea of wedges, but in actuality they are just always so extremely tall or they have a million buckles and take forever to get on and off. The below look like they are a little lower and less strappy than most, but I don't love them. Any amazing wedge sandal go-tos out there?






These coral Stuart Weitzmans also come in a beautiful teal color, too. Gorge!

I'm officially obsessed with Brooklyn Decker. I really feel like she's been bringing her a-game to the fashions she's worn for the promotion of her summer movies Battleship and What to Expect When You're Expecting. I'll probably skip the former, but the latter looks hysterical. Can't wait to see it! 




And, I just got my new L.L. Bean Signature catalog in the mail. I bought some boots from the catalog last year and I have worn them to death. They're amazing. I'm really loving pretty much everything in the new catalog--especially this. Only down side is they sell out of everything super quickly. 


And, last, I saw Dark Shadows the other day. It was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while. Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer and Helena Bonham Carter are just fantastic in it. Eva Green is hysterical as the witch. The costumes and set design are amazing. A definite must see!



xo,
The Canary Diaries







1 comment: