Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Weekend Snaps and Bachelorette Recap: Week Three

I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Ours was quite nice. We went to a birthday party and the pool, but mostly stayed close to home and got some things done, which is always a great feeling.

In an effort to make things prettier in our house (my new house mantra). I replaced our hamper with two smaller hampers with straps. 


Before


After

They are definitely prettier than our old hamper and much easier to carry.


Plus, they gave me a reason to buy this beauty. Yes, I am now the proud owner of a laminator. I think it's the beginning of a beautiful friendship.


My sister came over to help put the final touches on the craft project I've been talking about for way too long. Once it's been delivered to the recipient I'll post photos.


We ate a lot of this:



I tried (somewhat successfully) to make a cool necklace. A friend of mine turned an old piece into a really trendy-looking new one just by painting it with nail polish so I decided I'd give it a go with an old necklace I wasn't really wearing anymore.




Full disclosure, hers looked a lot cooler. I think maybe if you had a bigger necklace and chose a couple more paint colors it would look awesome, but I didn't get that invested in it.

Also, we got a mirror for above the mantle. Still trying to determine what objects look best on the actual mantle, but I think the mirror is a vast improvement from the deer head.


And speaking of the deer, Elsie is not a fan. When it was up above the mantle she never noticed it, but once we took it down it was the devil. This photo makes me laugh...


And this one too...

Did you manage to watch The Bachelorette? I officially take back all of the nice things I said about Ryan last week. What was up with that guy? Yikes! When he told Emily he might not "love on her" if she got fat I just almost fainted. All of the sudden he reminds me of the villain in an Adam Sandler movie. But there was cute stuff this week too..

All Bachelorette photos via abc.com

-Emily's date with Chris was really cute. He seems sweet. I don't know that you should count him out based on his age. 

-I of course loved Sean's sweet answers to all of Emily's friends' questions. He's a good egg.

-And speaking of eggs, how glad were you to see Shelly go to glory? That was just getting weird.

-And then there's Ari. New total fave. He seems so sweet and genuine and perfect for Emily.


And, the real cherry on top? Dolly!!! Who doesn't love Dolly Parton?



Can't wait for next week!

xo,
The Canary Diaries

1 comment:

  1. a laminator, so exciting! one of my favorite things about being a teacher ; )

    ReplyDelete