Thursday, May 3, 2012

What's Up Thursday

Here's what I'm thinking about this Thursday:


I absolutely love this silver-leafed lampshade DIY from Design*Sponge. I just replaced four of the fixtures in our house with vintage (read: cheap) chandeliers, so I've seen firsthand what replacing a light fixture can do. This one seems fairly easy.



I'm really loving this hat and clutch from Anthropologie. I looked at both while we were in Portland and just loved them, but the thought of getting them back home in one piece was way too challenging. I'm currently contemplating a jaunt to our local store to snap them up.


It's about this time of year that I consider buying a spring blazer such as this wonderful Elizabeth and James style that Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere is wearing. Then I remember I live in Texas and I don't, but isn't this a great look. She's darling to begin with and I'm loving her photos from her honeymoon this week.


I read So Pretty It Hurts while out of town last week and am now completely obsessed with completing the rest of the Bailey Weggins novels by Kate White. Ms. White is the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine and has written a few books. She's one of those people who makes you wonder when they find the time to sleep. I'm glad to have a new series of books to read after my winter obsession with reading all of The Hunger Games. Anxiously awaiting the next movies!

xo,
The Canary Diaries

No comments:

Post a Comment