Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!


Happy 2012! I cannot believe it is a new year. I love a new year, a new start, a time to reflect, a time to improve. All good things.

I took the above photo in West Texas the day after Christmas. It was a completely random moment, we had stopped our car to close a gate and everything just looked so serene and beautiful. I was struck by how artful the light looked. From the headlights, from the moon, from the fading sunset. It was just an amazing moment. 

I have been thinking a lot lately about how many beautiful moments we get in life. As bittersweet as it is, they are numbered. They are not infinite.

As a new year dons, I would just encourage anyone reading this, myself included, to really live each moment this year. I know it is cliched, but our time really is just too short here to be stymied by fear or procrastination or insecurity.

Here's to many, many beautiful moments in 2012!

xo,
The Canary Diaries


1 comment: