Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Pick(s)

About this time of year, I start to feel like I look a little bit like a zombie. Pale skin, scary hair, a hunger for human flesh. Kidding, about that last one, but seriously I'm needing a little help in the beauty department. And thus...

Kerastase Bain Nutri-Thermique and Nectar Thermique
Kerastase, my French-speaking friend since college, you are awesome. Just purchased this shampoo and leave-in conditioner from the Systeme Thermo Intense line, which supposedly shields your hair from heat styling tools. So far my hair feels softer and is looking less puffy.

Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua
It's heavier than a tinted moisturizer, but not quite a foundation. It offers fantastic coverage and is water based, so it won't break your face out like your average foundation.

Moroccan Oil Luminous Hairspray
My friend Alice turned me on to this at drybar. It smells so good and gives you the perfect amount of hold without getting crunchy.


Wella Enrich Nourishing Treatment for Fine to Normal Hair
For a little more hair moisture, I use this once a week. You leave it on for five minutes after shampooing and "voila!" shinier strands.

Jo Malone Wild Bluebell and Vanilla and Anise Colognes
I bought the Wild Bluebell scent at the end of summer last year and became so attached that I just couldn't stop wearing it when the weather got cooler. So, I began layering it with the richer-smelling Vanilla and Anise. It's amazing, and I love how there are so many Jo Malone scents, you can make your own combo.

Avalon Organics Vitamin C Nourishing Eye Cream
I use this in the evenings under my standby Kate Sommerville eye cream. Super moisturizing, and the line is really great for people who want to lighten any discolored spots.

Kate Sommerville CytoCell cream
And, speaking of Kate...I totally love the CytoCell moisturizer! I use this on the parts of my face that feel the driest. It's amazing.

Kate Sommerville ExfoliKate Acne
Also a big fan of sloughing off dry skin. In addition to the Clarisonic (which I use daily), I use this scrub once a week. It feels so good on your skin and has softer exfoliating granules.

Have a wonderful weekend!
xo,
The Canary Diaries

1 comment: