Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bachelor Recap: Week 5

Puerto Rico!!! 

I know you can't tell by just the writing, but I'm doing some pretty impressive "r" rolling over here. Thank you collegiate-level Spanish. Also, I can let you know several nouns such as "casa" and "gato," but enough about me...

Episode five was all kinds of fun. The one-on-one date with Nicki was underwhelming, but I did love the fabulous all-white ensemble Ben picked out. He looked like Tommy Bahama, and that made me laugh.


All photos via abc.com

Current favey-faves Lindzi and Kacie B. (above) joined the other girls (less Nicki and Elyse) and went to Gigantes training where they did sprints, batting practice, lunges and a few errant cartwheels (I'm looking at you Emily).

Then, the greatest all-girl baseball game ever recorded took place....


It was basically chaos. My personal favorite part was team captain Blakeley's intensity. There was a lot of bleeping and "I thought you guys wanted this as much as I did." Apparently she played softball in high school and college, and is pretty much a pro. However, she was no match for the red team and thus, bitter sadness for the blue team.


The winning red team had more date time with Ben, while the blue team just went home, and I'm guessing got an earful from Blakeley. 

The next one-on-one date went to Elyse....
Have you ever had a conversation that you couldn't recover from? Elyse definitely has. Aside from saying she's "sick of being single" and "I've done everything I wanted to do" (she's 24 by the way) her utter lack of interest in Ben led to a hasty departure and no rose. I felt so bad for her and just really need her to know she's precious and I love her coral nail polish and fancy earrings. I could tell Ben felt the same, he's a good guy. Also, ABC, no more David Grey. It's just too much, even for me.

Okay, so now onto Courtney. Note to Courtney: I'm not sure if you're aware, but there's kind of a stigma against those in the modeling profession. The stigma is that models are vapid (that means boring) and dumb. Saying things such as, "Should I take my robe off? I'm not some vixen or something" and "I like to be in my birthday suit" is not helping that perception, but, unfortunately Ben's into it. So, you stay another week.

So aufedersein to Jennifer. I was kind of surprised about this one, I really felt like she was clicking with Ben. Nine ladies remain. Previews would suggest lots of drama and smoochy helicopter rides to come. Until next week!

xo,
The Canary Diaries










No comments:

Post a Comment