Monday, January 30, 2012

Best Dressed: SAG Awards

I was pretty impressed by the ensembles at the SAG Awards last night. In my opinion, there was no one clear-cut winner, but lots of great contenders.

I'm a big Armie Hammer fan and I think his wife, Elizabeth Chambers, is just about the cutest. Loving both of their outfits (both Gucci, btw). That color on her is just the best and I love the clutch with the tassle. So Gucci, so amazing.


Emily Blunt in Oscar de la Renta. A personal fave designer and that color on her is to die for. I am kind of over one-shoulder dresses as a general rule, but for this one I will make an exception. Also, I just love that she's married to Jim--er John Krasinski. They are beyond cute. Also, he wore navy, which is a bold sartorial choice in and of itself.

Julie Bowen in Temperley. I love the color of this dress, the open back, they way it flatters her slim shape. It's awesome.

Naya Rivera in Naeem Khan. I had the great fortune of interviewing Mr. Khan when I lived in Dallas. He is an incredibly interesting and kind man and his designs are just fantastic. Incredible beading and flattering shapes abound, as Ms. Rivera illustrates above. I love this color on her and pretty much everything about the outfit.

Sophia Vergara in Marchesa. Usually not a huge fan of her choices, but for some reason this really stuck with me. That particular shade of fuchsia is hard to pull off, but she's definitely doing it. Also love the pairing of the purple stones in her jewelry.

Viola Davis also in Marchesa. I love this white and gold against her skin. She looks amazing. So elegant and perfectly polished.

Also, not normally one to call out the "press" at these things, but how amazing was Giuliana Rancic's dress? Obsessed. The designer is Basil Soda. As G herself would say, amazeballs.

Photos of Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers, Emily Blunt and John Krasinski, Julie Bowen, Naya Rivera and Sophia Vergara via Popsugar. Photo of Emily Blunt and Viola Davis via People. Photo of Giuliana Rancic via Global Grind.

xo,
The Canary Diaries

No comments:

Post a Comment