Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Color Me Beautiful


For years, my mother has been telling me I'm an "Autumn." I mean, for like twenty years she's been telling me this, and finally I decided to fully investigate what that descriptor meant. Apparently, those not in diapers in the '80s know about the book Color Me Beautiful, a tome that prescribes identifying and dressing in accordance with your seasonal coloring.


A worksheet in Color Me Beautiful identifying Autumn's specific colors

If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. Everyone has those certain pieces of clothing that they get a million compliments on and those outfits that are similar but in colors that just don't look as great on them. For me the former are outfits in shades of browns and oranges, the latter are outfits in greys and navys. This book just makes it so much easier to identify those colors in the middle.


The "Autumn" color palette

For example, I never thought I could wear green because I always wore the wrong greens. But look how many greens are in the Autumn color palette.

And, as an added bonus, the book is chock a block with awesome '80s illustrations and photos like these gems...



Available at Amazon

xo,
The Canary Diaries


No comments:

Post a Comment