Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bachelorette Recaps: Week Four and Five and General Miscellany

Well, sorry I've been MIA. I went out of town to help my sister move back home--yay! Packing in Manhattan is no joke. I had no idea how hard it was until I was rolling boxes down 19th Street in a dolly to the UPS store. I honestly think I would have zero personal belongings if I lived there. Seriously. I would sleep on an air mattress. But we got it done and now she's here. Yay!

Some NYC snaps...
The posh environs of The Tracie Martyn Salon, where my mom treated me to a super amaze facial. It was bananas (like three facials in one!) that included oxygen, blue light, masks, scrub, massage, etc.

Espresso at Le Pain Quotidien

I found some new stuff for our house at ABC Home where I saw...wait for it...Katie Holmes shopping. Yes, for serious, Joey Potter was like a yard away from me. I restrained myself from taking a photo, but it was a challenge. She's even prettier in person, if you can believe it.

Cool sign at Madewell

My sister and mom 

You can't really see how cool this is, but it's an awesome rooftop lounge-y area with blooming trees...a little sanctuary in the city

Turquoise fire escape

And, so I've been delayed on my The Bachelorette watching, but there's been some interesting stuff going down, no?

Okay, so last week I loved the cute boat race. How precious was that?

All Bachelorette photos via abc.com

I also have to say I am really loving Jef. He seems like a really sweet and genuine guy. I think Emily was totally blind-sided by him and I kind of like that too. I also loved her date with Doug. I think he's really a good guy.


And speaking of the opposite of good guys, Kalon is gone. I honestly couldn't believe he made it to week five with comments like "I love it when you talk, but I wish you'd let me finish." Yikes. In the end it was his comment about Emily's sweet little girl Ricki being "baggage" that gave him the final boot.

My very favorite has to be Arie, though, and even though Emily got a little fussy with him this week because he didn't say anything about Kalon's comment, I think he'll stick around a little while longer.


I'm a big fan of the episodes where the guys have to act things out onstage in front of people and the Shakespeare play was no exception. How hilarious were the guys playing the girl parts? Good sports I say. 


And, Emily's date with Sean was just the cutest. I think she really likes him a lot. So exciting!!!

In other news...

Have you see the shoe sale on Piperlime? It's amazing. I'm really loving these guys, but they're already sold out in my size. Sadness. Aren't they cute? I think they'd be great with white jeans and a pastel blouse or sweater. Not that I'll be wearing a sweater any time soon. It hit 100 degrees today in Texas. Summer is here. Where's the pool?


xo,
The Canary Diaries



No comments:

Post a Comment