Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Office Update

One of my favorite rooms in our house is my office. I feel so lucky to have a room of the house that's all my own. It's been a slow process, but it finally it feels finished. Below is a shot of Benji in my office about 18 months ago. When I first moved in I wanted to paint the office bright yellow, which I did and it looked truly garish. I love me some yellow, but this was just too much. So, I settled on a light pink shade which was just way too dull and didn't complement the trim (or later, the shutters).



I thought about the above aqua and grey shades above, but it neither one felt right. So, then I though, duh, blue!





And, voila! I'm totally obsessed with it. The color is Blue Marguerite from Benjamin Moore. 

And then there was the matter of my filing cabinet. My genius mom thought to paint it orange. So...


Before


After

I'm definitely not a home design buff so it's so amazing to me what a little paint can do to transform a room. Moral of this story, don't be afraid of color, or afraid to branch out from your favorite color every once in a while. 

xo,
The Canary Diaries



No comments:

Post a Comment