Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bachelor Recap: The Finale


Well, that's all she wrote, folks. 

I think we can all thank Ben's sister Julia for sealing the deal with Courtney. But, honestly, it's not her fault, what a manipulator Courtney is! Who knew you could play the "I'm pretty" card so many times in so many varying situations? I mean, you almost have to give her credit. Almost. At any rate, Julia's ringing endorsement of Courtney gave Ben the strength to make what has to be one of the worst mistakes of his life.

First, to my sweet normal Lindzi: you are so precious and I loved your snowplow skiing. And, major props for being super composed and graceful after the breakup. Those are two adjectives not normally associated with the Bachelor franchise. You are fab. Come to Texas, we'll find you a cowboy who loves horses.

And then, like a Bond villain in a sparky black dress and black leather gloves (I mean, gloves, in a proposal situation, really?) Courtney emerged from the woods...


A proposal came next. I'm really trying to look for the positive here and I think I can sum it up in three bullet points:

1) Courtney: Despite the overall creepiness of your ensemble, I liked the white cape that went over it.
2) Ben: Well done on picking out the ring. It was tres jolie.
3) Despite how much of a shrew you were, Courtney, the After the Final Rose special made me believe you do actually care about Ben. And, we know Ben likes you.

All photos via abc.com

Final verdict: I want the best for both of you crazy kids. Let's make this work. And if not, you heard Lindzi, you can call her.

xo,
The Canary Diaries

No comments:

Post a Comment