Tuesday, September 4, 2012

In Review: Trip to Santa Fe

Can you be jet lagged from a one-hour time difference? Because I think I am. We got in last night from a quick trip to Santa Fe, which was very nice. Of course I had to watch Bachelor Pad the minute we got home, and thusly I didn't get to sleep until late. If you've been keeping up with BP you know that it is redefining the term hot mess and next week is touted by Chris Harrison to be the most "disturbing" season finale yet. I don't know how you could possibly top Vienna and Jake slow dancing to "On The Wings of Love" on the disturbing scale so this should really be a doozy. 

But I digress. The mini vacay was a blast. I hadn't been to Santa Fe since college so it was nice to go back. It was a lot like I remembered, but better. We enjoyed the great food, the stunning art and the cool laid-back feel. My favorite thing about Santa Fe is that the city as a whole seems to rejoice in the unique natural beauty that can only be found in imperfection. 

Photos from our trip...





Best Lunch Spot: The Shed




Drinks on our hotel patio





Best Dinner: The Compound



Best Breakfast: Cafe Pasqual's








Also, my experiment in packing was a success. I actually packed way too much and never wore two items (including the super bulky sweater I packed--argh). I'm not saying I'll never go back to checking a bag, but sometimes it's nice to keep it simple.

Here's what I packed:
1 pair white jeans
1 pair white shorts
1 Chambray button down
1 hot pink blouse
1 obnoxiously large Navajo-style sweater
1 sweater T-shirt hybrid 
2 tank tops
1 T-shirt
pajamas
workout clothes
2 necklaces

On the plane I wore a maxi dress and most of my jewelry:


The first night I wore the pink blouse which I kept from wrinkling by folding up the tank tops in it and white jeans (photo on the patio above).

During the day walking around I wore the Chambray button down and shorts:


The second night I wore the tank top, sweater T and white jeans:


On the plane back I wore the T-shirt, tank top and white jeans.


A few things that made it easy:
-Don't take more than two pairs of shoes (this includes workout shoes)
-Bring Shout wipes
-Keep the wrinkle-prone items to a minimum and wear them the first day
-If you're staying in a hotel, don't pack lotion or soap

You may all be saying "duh" right now, but for me this was a revelation and it actually made getting dressed easier. I think I could have stayed one more night without packing anything else by wearing the red maxi dress with the sweater T-shirt over it.

Have a great short week!

No comments:

Post a Comment