Thursday, November 11, 2010

Loafing Around

One of the first blogs I ever read was Scott Shuman's chic yet graciously understated blog, The Sartorialist. It is constant inspiration and a must read for anyone interested in fashion or street style. This week, he posted this amazing shot of a woman in Madrid. Everything about this outfit is wonderful to me. She seems slightly preppy with the blazer and loafers, but a little bit laid back as well with her tousled hair and the lace dress or skirt. And, she has a silver and turquoise bracelet. This girl is cool.

Speaking of loafer-esque shoes...I just bought Minnetonka's kilty driving mocs seen here and I just don't want to take them off. I don't care that my feet resemble those of a grandpa while shod in the shoes. They are wonderful! They remind me of the Cole Hahn's I wore in middle school, which got me thinking, where does a mature person buy loafers?

Cole Hahn's Air Grant Penny Loafers seem just refined enough to fit the bill.
I also love these amazing driving mocassins from Tod's. What a fun color! Available at Saks.



Any other great recommendations?
xoxo
The Canary Diaries

No comments:

Post a Comment