Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Dry Shampoo Roundup

Happy Election Day!!!! Did you vote yet? I'm heading to the polls today, hope you are too! Or, if you're smart you early voted. I wish I did, it's so much easier!


Earlier this year I started washing my hair every other day. If you know me, this is HUGE news. I was a compulsive hair washer, but I'm also a compulsive hair highlighter, so something had to give. At first I thought I could never do it, but I really think it is true that eventually your hair learns how much oil it needs. To get to the point of every other day hair washing I have tried out a lot of dry shampoos. Herewith are my favorites:


This is my absolute favorite and, I think, best around. Carrie Underwood uses it and she doesn't mess around with beauty products--I've heard she layers up to three mascaras. This one doesn't get any environmental points (you can actually hear the little ball banging around in the aerosol can when you shake it), but it gets the job done. I seriously might be able to go two days with no washing with this stuff.

Best for Brunettes and Redheads: Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo
This leaves zero residue and no white powder whatsoever. Great for medium to dark hair colors.


Best Bang for the Buck: Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo
This is the best dry shampoo you can buy for under $3 at Target. It does leave residue though and the smell is a little bit stronger than the others, but it feels clean, not sticky, like some bargain brands.

Best All-Natural: The All Nighter Styling Powder
This one is free of parabens and talc and it is the only decent one I found that doesn't come in an aerosol can. It also comes in several shades so you can match your hair color. The only drawback is that you have to make sure you use a Q-tip to get any excess powder that might settle into your part. If you've ever used baby powder, you know what I'm talking about. 


No comments:

Post a Comment