Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Benji Wednesday: Who's Your Daddy?

I finally did it. After seven years of pet ownership, I bought a DNA test for Benji. It was so easy I don't know I put it off for so long!


 I bought it on Amazon, and after making sure Benji did not have anything to eat for at least two hours, I swabbed his cheek with the swabby things provided. He didn't love the swabbing, I'll be honest. And, if you have long hair, pull it back. Mine touched the swab because Benji was thrashing around so much. Hopefully it won't interfere with the results! I guess I'll know if it says he's part human.



After that, you let them dry for five minutes before putting them in their plastic sleeves and into a mailer. 


Now, we just wait three weeks or so.

Here are the guesses I have heard from vets as to Benji's lineage...

Chihuahua + Pomeranian
Chihuahua + Papillion 
Chihuahua + Dachshund + Cocker Spaniel


 Either way, he's pretty much the cutest.

No comments:

Post a Comment